Apple River rookies, this one is for you. The veterans know what’s up. Before you think about coming to Float-Rite Park this summer, read these helpful (and hilarious) tips that will make your experience here that much better! In no specifi
c order, here they are…
1. Don’t bring anything on the river you aren’t willing to loose! Beer, Sandals, Sunglasses, Swimsuit, Dignity.. The Apple River takes what the Apple River wants!
2. Don’t forget to bring lots of quarters for the showers! After the river you will want to wash the river funk off you before continuing to party all night!!
3. Get shoes or sandals that will strap to your feet…flip flops just don’t make the cut ..don’t let raw feet spoil your day….and just have fun that’s what it’s all about!
4. My best tip? HEAVY DUTY zipper plastic bags. Don’t buy the cheap ones–spend the extra for name brand good ones–because you don’t want them to leak–and cheap ones will. Multiple uses for camping…The BEST use for them? For keeping anything dry on your trips down the river–::::gasp:::: especially cigarettes and lighters. Munchies stay dry…And if you put keys/wallets/$ in one and blow air in it–it will float if you drop it in the river. OK, I have to admit my younger days was all about drinking on the river–and to that end, you can buy plastic bottles that are great for mixing cocktails in at Cub–with wide mouths that you can stuff ice in–with a top that screws on but is attached to the bottle.
5. Going down the Apple River is a tradition in my family. And packing to go has become a art.
~ Zip lock bags to keep your wallet and smokes dry.
~ A pair of water shoes to pervent you from cutting up your feet on the rocks of the rapids.
~ Plenty of ice to keep your drinks and snacks cold.
~ Water guns to shoot all the drunk college students with. haha my kids fav sort, drunk hunting!
~ Plenty of sun screen.
~ Extra clothes and personal hygein supplies if you plan on going out to eat afterwards.
~ extra pair of shoes case your drunk butt loses your shoes on the rapids!!
~ leave your cell phone in your car, even with plastic zip locks, you know you’ll figure out how to drop that sucker in the river. lol
6. Sun tan spray not to get burnt. Use string to tie friend’s tubes up. Stay awake the whole float. Don’t be afraid to drink water. Butts in the air when going through the rocks. Don’t litter! Have fun and be safe
7. Wear a tank top over your two piece… so your tatas dont fall out.
8. survival tips…oh where do i begin?!
-Bring enough beer. Three 30 packs for one night is simply not enough.
-Bring beads. No matter if your a guy or girl, shy or wild, your going to need them.
-Forget food. Its the last thing you need if your drinking.
-Dont wear shoes tubing, you will lose them.
-Act responsible around the cops or you will be in trouble.
-Bring extra beer bongs and bats, be friendly and distribute them.
-No matter who you are and where you came from, its apple river, relax you’ll probably never see these people ever again!
Bring extra money. You ALWAYS need it for beer, tubes, whatever.
-No matter what pictures you take, make sure you only bring the appropriate ones home.
-Bring lots of quarters for the shower
9. I think the biggest things not to forget to bring to apple river is your brain. Some other things are as follows:
-Extra twine or thin rope to tie tubes(or people) together.
-Carabiner to keep anything on a keychain hooked together and hooked to you.
-A pair of shoes you don’t mind wearing in the river. (bonus if they lace up because they might come off otherwise)
-Sunscreen! Even if it is cloudy you can get burned. That and the weather changes every 20 minutes.
-Extra Cash for anything for more drinks to firewood or other merchandise.
-Trade items (Beads, bandannas, buttons, flags, or anything else that could be used as a currency for trade for other items.)
-Playing Cards for games!(or a table for pong)
-Music! Don’t be left on the river with no jams! There are even coolers that have have radios and Aux ports for kickin’ out the tunes!
-Don’t forget all the goodies for making SMORES!
-A small first aid kit in case you do get a cut or scrape(odds are you probably will)
-If there is a theme the weekend you are going find out what it is so you can make sure to get a great costume.
-Don’t forget to leave your problems at home.
There are many other things I am forgetting but will try to add to later.
10. Please remember to drink plenty of fluids (water, gatorade, etc.) during these hot summer months on Apple River. ESPECIALLY when you are planning to consume other “adult” beverages! Dehydration is no joke!